Pumpkin pie is one of those dishes I absolutely have to have on Thanksgiving. There are several different ways to make a classic pumpkin pie dairy-free. You can use canned coconut milk, silken tofu, or any dairy-free milk substitute like soy milk. I used lactose-free milk simply because that was what I had on hand; so this recipe is great if you have lactaid, soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk in a carton. I used the Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix because, well, this recipe is supposed to be easy. Yeah, I see all of you last-minute ladies googling "easy last-minute pumpkin dessert". I feel ya! Truth be told, I used store-bought pie crust for these pies. Though if you have time to make the crust from scratch, here's a basic pie crust recipe with tips.
- 1 can Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 2/3 cup lactose-free milk (or dairy-free option like soy milk)
- 4 large egg yokes
- 1 tsp liquid maple flavoring (optional)
- Prepare your pie crusts and heat oven to 425 F. I'm glad I used two small 8" pans instead of a deep dish. The filling cooked through nicely, and the bottom crust was nice and crispy!
- Blend the ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Pour into the pie pans and bake at 425 for 15 minutes then bake at 350 F for about 60 minutes. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like
Easy No-Bake Whipped Pumpkin Cheesecake >>
See More Recipes >>